Bindra, archers, lifters enter Olympic Village
Beijing Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bindra was the first Indian shooter to enter the London Olympic Games Village along with the 10-member archery squad and a four-member weight lifting squad.
The archers and the lifters enterered the Games Village first while Bindra joined them a little later on Monday evening.
"They have settled down and are looking forward to carry out their workouts at the training venues," Brigadier P K Muralidharan Raja, Deputy Chef de Mission of the Indian Contingent, said.
The sprawling Games Village consists of 2,818 townhouses and apartments which can accommodate upto 15,000 residents.
The Indian Contingent of 81 athletes and 51 officials have been provided accommodation in the Seaside Building S1, named Titan.
The organisers have arranged for volunteers for each contingent. The Indian Contingent has got seven volunteers, who are all Indian by origin but working in UK.
The official welcome ceremony for the Indian Contingent is scheduled to be held at Games Village on Sunday.
The Indian delegation had requested the organisers to consider a change of date to July 22 but the ceremony could not be re-scheduled as no time slot was available.
Press Trust of India
MORE from Sports
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi