Write short note on Phylum Arthropoda.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 9th May, 2016, 07:13: AM
i. Their body is divided into head, thorax and abdomen.
ii. Appendages are jointed.
iii. They are triploblastic, bilaterally symmetrical organisms having a reduced body cavity.
iv. Members of Phylum Arthropoda have a complete digestive system and an open circulatory system.
v. In Arthropods, respiration takes place via the body surface, gills, trachea or book lungs.
vi. They have paired excretory glands and some have excretory organs called malpighian tubules.
Answered by | 9th May, 2016, 09:13: AM
- Members of which phylum have a reduced body cavity?
- Peculiar water vascular system is a characteristic feature of which phylum?
- Which organism is known as devil fish?
- Give one example of each:i. Arthropod without antenna ii. Arthropod with antenna iii. Organism with spiny skin iv. Organism whose body is covered by mantle
- What features are possessed by members of Phylum Echinodermata?
- What are the salient features of Phylum Mollusca?
- A group of children were playing on a heap of sand. One of them collected some shelled creatures from the sand. Being taught lesson on diversity in school, one of them identified them as snail.(i) Name the phylum to which snail belongs?(ii) Write two characteristic features of this phylum.(iii) Give few more examples of the particular phylum.
- Name the excretory organs of following:(i) Cockroach(ii) Leech
- List two distinguishing features between Annelid animals and Arthropods.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number