What features are possessed by members of Phylum Echinodermata?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 31st Mar, 2016, 11:20: AM
Members of Phylum Echinodermata have following features:
i. They are triploblastic, coelomates, unsegmented and show pentamerous symmetry in adults.
ii. Their body is without head, but have oral and aboral surfaces.
iii. They are characterized by the presence of water-vascular system that extends from the body surface as a series of tentacle-like projections.
iv. Digestive system is usually complete, but excretory organs are absent.
v. Sexes are separate and fertilization is usually external.
Answered by | 31st Mar, 2016, 01:20: PM
- Members of which phylum have a reduced body cavity?
- Peculiar water vascular system is a characteristic feature of which phylum?
- Which organism is known as devil fish?
- Give one example of each:i. Arthropod without antenna ii. Arthropod with antenna iii. Organism with spiny skin iv. Organism whose body is covered by mantle
- Write short note on Phylum Arthropoda.
- What are the salient features of Phylum Mollusca?
- A group of children were playing on a heap of sand. One of them collected some shelled creatures from the sand. Being taught lesson on diversity in school, one of them identified them as snail.(i) Name the phylum to which snail belongs?(ii) Write two characteristic features of this phylum.(iii) Give few more examples of the particular phylum.
- Name the excretory organs of following:(i) Cockroach(ii) Leech
- List two distinguishing features between Annelid animals and Arthropods.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number