Write each fraction as a decimal:
Asked by Topperlearning User | 6th Nov, 2013, 03:13: AM
To write each fraction in decimal form, we have to move the decimal point to the left as many steps as the number of zeroes in the denominator.
In this case, the decimal point is after 5 i.e., 5.0=5.
Thus we move the decimal point one place to the left of 5 as there is one zero in the denominator.
Thus, = 0.5
Here we move the decimal point 4 places to the left of 5 as there are 4 zeroes in the denominator.
Thus, = 0.00152
Answered by | 6th Nov, 2013, 05:13: AM
- what is the formula of paise into rupess
- express 25\6 in decimal form
- Convert the following into lowest form and then convert into decimal : (a)(b)(c)(d)
- Find which is greater? (a) 0.2 or 0.02 (b) 5.06 or 5.60 (c) 0.9 or 0.99
- Express as rupee using decimals: (a) 20 paise (b) 250 paise (c) 9 paise (d) 75 paise
- Set the numbers in the order from the least to the greatest: (a) 8.9, 8.1, 5.3, 5.6, 9.2 (b) 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 2.20
- Write as a decimal number: (a) Sixty-two and eighteen hundredths (b) Seventy-four and four tenths (c) Fifty-two and thirty-three hundredths (d) Twenty-seven and six hundredths
- Write the following decimal numbers in the expanded form : (a) 50.9 (b) 276.05 (c) 9.047
- If 58 out of 100 students in a school are boys, then write a decimal for the part of the school that consists of boys.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number