wooden planks are kept under railway trucks.why?
Asked by arajeevshashank | 3rd Jul, 2018, 08:03: PM
Railway tracks are laid on large sized wooden sleepers so that the thrust due to the weight of train is spread over large area .This reduces the pressure on the ground which would prevent the yielding of the ground.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 4th Jul, 2018, 12:04: PM
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
- Why does sponge float but rubber block sinks?
- difference between force and pressure
- 1 Pascal
- how we can reduce the pressure exerted by the liqiuds on the container ?show it by some practical experiment
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number