Why is gap left between rails on railway tracks
Asked by Khoslamannat5 | 16th Dec, 2018, 02:15: PM
The gap is left between the rails to provide a space for the iron metal to expand and contract during the summer and winter season due to the change in the temperatures. If the gap is not left in between then the rails will bend more and cause derailing of the trains.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th Dec, 2018, 12:07: PM
- when the pen is removed from fire it slowly cool down as
- How does heat flow from one object to another
- a piece of ice of mass 60 g is dropped into 140 g of water at 50°C.calculate the final temperature of water when all has melted .(assume no heat is lost to the surroundings) specificheat capacity of water is equals to 4.2 j/g K specific latent heat of fusion of ice is equals to 336 j/g
- What will happen if we put a 45 C iron rod in 45 C water
- A brass tumbler feels much cooler than wooden tray on a chilly day
- Stainless steel pans are usually provided with copper bottoms. Why?
- (i) One end of a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. What change will be observed at its other end?(ii) Why do we use handle of wood in frying pan?
- (i) An iron ball at 40oC is dropped in a mug containing water at 40oC. What will be the passage of flow of heat in the system. Explain.(ii) How the heat flows in a body having one end cool and other at high temperature?
- When a pan is removed from the fire, it slowly cools down. Why does it cool down?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number