(i) One end of a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream. What change will be observed at its other end?
(ii) Why do we use handle of wood in frying pan?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(i) When one end of a wooden spoon is dipped in a cup of ice cream, there will be no change in the temperature of its other end because wood is a bad conductor of heat so there will be no flow of heat from one end to other.
(ii) Material of pan is a good conductor of heat. So, a handle of wood (which is a bad conductor of heat) is used in a frying pan so that it does not get heated by conduction.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- when the pen is removed from fire it slowly cool down as
- How does heat flow from one object to another
- a piece of ice of mass 60 g is dropped into 140 g of water at 50°C.calculate the final temperature of water when all has melted .(assume no heat is lost to the surroundings) specificheat capacity of water is equals to 4.2 j/g K specific latent heat of fusion of ice is equals to 336 j/g
- What will happen if we put a 45 C iron rod in 45 C water
- Why is gap left between rails on railway tracks
- A brass tumbler feels much cooler than wooden tray on a chilly day
- Stainless steel pans are usually provided with copper bottoms. Why?
- (i) An iron ball at 40oC is dropped in a mug containing water at 40oC. What will be the passage of flow of heat in the system. Explain.(ii) How the heat flows in a body having one end cool and other at high temperature?
- When a pan is removed from the fire, it slowly cools down. Why does it cool down?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number