why grafting does not comes under sexual mode of reproduction ?
Asked by mohanapriya.priya31 | 7th Sep, 2020, 11:08: PM
In asexual reproduction, part of the parent plant is used to generate a new plant. Grafting, layering, and micropropagation are some methods used for artificial asexual reproduction. The new plant is genetically identical to the parent plant from which the stock has been taken. Grafting is an artificial method of asexual reproduction used to produce plants combining favorable stem characteristics with favorable root characteristics. The stem of the plant to be grafted is known as the scion, and the root is called the stock.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 8th Sep, 2020, 01:09: PM
- which type of layering is done in jasmine?
- 1.how many life processes occurs in amoeba? 2.bacteria spieces will end if they stop reproducing.how?
- whip like structure ??
- how is grafting asexual reproduction as it involves mixing of 2 species
- spore formation
- what is enzymes
- difference between multicellular and unicellular organism in terms of reproduction
- why is vegetative propagation practised for growing some type of plants.
- What is tissue culture in Asexual reproduction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number