Why does the wind swerve to one side instead of blowing straight?
Asked by gspublicschool | 13th Feb, 2019, 09:53: AM
We know that earth rotates in its orbit around the sun. If the Earth was stationary the winds would have blown in a straight line. But as the earth is rotating the winds in the northern hemisphere blows to the right side while the winds in southern hemisphere blow to the left.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 13th Feb, 2019, 11:05: AM
- what is wind 🍃
- what is wind?
- The speed of wind in a region suddenly increases. How do this affect the pressure in the region?
- What are Trade Winds, Monsoon Winds, and Loo ?
- what is sea breeze
- Why both polar winds and westerlies blow towards 60 degree N and 60 degree S latitude?
- (i) Why monsoon winds are known as seasonal winds?(ii) Why sea breeze blow during day?
- When we are flying a kite, then the wind coming from our back side helps. Give reason.
- Why sea breeze blow during day?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number