(i) Why monsoon winds are known as seasonal winds?
(ii) Why sea breeze blow during day?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Apr, 2014, 08:56: AM
(i) During the months of June to September due to high temperature, sea breeze blows from sea to land which carry high amount of moisture and cause rainfall in India. So, these are known as summer monsoon winds.
(ii) Sea breeze blows during day because
a.Land gets heated quickly so low pressure develops over land.
b.Water takes time to heat so high pressure is over the water.
Answered by | 30th Apr, 2014, 10:56: AM
- what is wind 🍃
- what is wind?
- Why does the wind swerve to one side instead of blowing straight?
- The speed of wind in a region suddenly increases. How do this affect the pressure in the region?
- What are Trade Winds, Monsoon Winds, and Loo ?
- what is sea breeze
- Why both polar winds and westerlies blow towards 60 degree N and 60 degree S latitude?
- When we are flying a kite, then the wind coming from our back side helps. Give reason.
- Why sea breeze blow during day?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number