Why does the water starts to get boil after creating vaccum i.e removing all the air?
Asked by aman21nikwar | 4th Oct, 2015, 06:39: PM
The boiling point of any liquid increases with increase in pressure.
For example, we use pressure cooker to increase the boiling point of water inside the pressure cooker.
Similarly, boiling point of water decreases with decrease in pressure.
From the below graph, it is zero degree in vaccum or at zero atm pressure.
Thus, it is clear that, it is not temperature, but pressure which decides the boiling point of water or any liquid.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 5th Oct, 2015, 09:14: AM
- name and write the formula of atleast 20 elements of everyday use
- the ratio by mass of nitrogen and hydrogen in ammonia is 14:3 . calculate the ratio by number of atoms of elements in ammonia molecule .
- Assertion reason (A) phosphate ion is a polyatomic anion (R) in phosphate anion 5 atoms are present
- calculate the formula unit mass of CaCl2
- Calculate the molecular mass of h20
- find molar mass of sodium carbonate
- Calculate the mass of 1.5 mole of methane CH4
- How to find mass number without knowing no of neutrons and atomic mass .
- State the low of mass conservation
- How to find Number of neutrons in an atom if you don't know it's mass number and atomic mass?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number