Why do you think curd is sour to taste ? Why does its sourness increases with time ?
Asked by deepsikhab71.8cpsb | 17th May, 2021, 12:29: PM
During fermentation, when Lactobacilli are added to the link, they convert the lactose sugar of milk into lactic acid. It is this lactic acid which imparts sour taste to the curd. The curd if not stored in a cool place continues to become more sour as the bacteria continuously reproduce producing more and more lactic acid which increases the sourness of the curd.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 17th May, 2021, 03:17: PM
- Can vaccines be designed against all groups of microorganisms?
- what is fermentation? how does it serve the industry?
- who discover fermentation
- paniccilin is made from
- what is the role of microorganism in agriculture
- A large variety of bacteria and fungi are known to cause diseases. But some of these are also used to prepare medicines against the various diseases . Can you name a few such medicines ?
- which organism looks like plants but are not autotrophic?
- Which microorganisms look like plants but are not autotrophic?
- what is microganism
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number