Why do we classify organism
Asked by Sagarmilan144 | 3rd Aug, 2019, 11:20: PM
It is necessary to classify organisms because:
- Classification allows us to understand diversity better.
- It helps in the identification of living organisms as well as in understanding the diversity of living organisms.
- Classification helps us to learn about different kinds of plants and animals, their features, similarities and differences.
- It enables us to understand how complex organisms evolve from simpler organisms.
- To understand and study the features, similarities and differences between different living organisms, they are grouped under different categories.
- Classification is a tool which helps us to deal with a great diversity of living forms.
- It is essential to understand the inter-relationships among the different groups of organisms.
- Classification forms a base for the development of other biological sciences.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 4th Aug, 2019, 07:30: PM
- Explain me how are primitive and advanced organisms not quite correct terms whereas older and younger organisms are correct terms in the classification of organisms. This question comes from class -9 NCERT Book page-82
- Organisms in the 1st group are frequently referred to as primitive or lower organisms,while those in second group are called advanced or higher organisms. In reality, these terms are not quite correct since they don't properly relate to differences. Please explain me these sentences and tell me why these two terms are incorrect in reality . This question comes from page 82 of class-9 NCERT science book.
- What are the advantages of classifying organisms?
- why there is need to classify organism
- Meaning of primitive
- What criteria do we use to decide whether something is alive Or not?
- Difference between cold-blooded animals and warm blooded animals.
- What is hemophrodite animal?
- What is biological diversity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number