Which method will you use to separate the following mixtures?
(i) Sand and water (ii) Clay and water (iii) Cream and milk (iv) Used tea leaves and prepared tea
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th May, 2016, 03:40: PM
(i) Sand and water: Filtration
(ii) Clay and water: Centrifugation
(iii) Cream and milk: Centrifugation
(iv) Used tea leaves and prepared tea: Filtration
Answered by | 27th May, 2016, 05:40: PM
- Explain crystallization process with example _please explain how burning of candle is both a physical and chemical change
- Which method we can apply to seperate water and mercury and why
- What are the different kinds of filters used by people in everyday household works?
- How is centrifugation done? Describe the process of separation by centrifugation.
- Name the gas which is added during purification of water. Why is it called a disinfectant?
- Explain sedimentation and decantation method.
- Explain the process by which we can separate cream from milk?
- Describe the filtration tank used in the process of water purification in water works.
- What is the role of alum (Phitkari) in the process of water purification?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number