which is more reactive nuclear fuel uranium 235 or plutonium 239? why only these to were used to make atom bomb.
Asked by arifansari | 4th Aug, 2015, 04:51: PM
Uranium 235 and Plutonium 239 are the most fissile elements. They react quickly when bombarded with neutrons.
Also, they produce enough new neutrons for the fission process to continue further.
Other radioactive elements also can be used as nuclear fuel, however they are very radioactive and can cause severe danger while producing energy.
Another reason for these two fuels to be used prominently is their availability on Earth. They are available on Earth abundantly as compared to other elements.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 5th Aug, 2015, 10:44: AM
- The total amount of heat produced by a fuel having a calorific value of 20 kJ kg 1 was found to be 50,000 joules. How much fuel was burnt? 2500 kg 250 kg 25 kg 2.5 kg
- Please answer this: Suppose that one is given a task to arrange the calorific value of some fuels in ascending order If natural gas ,cooking gas,and alcohol are said to be compared where should I place the natural gas as it has the range il of numbers instead of a single value
- why should a fuel have low rate of evaporation?
- why is non renewable resources of energy is called conventional sources of energy?
- Hii what is force
- Describe with reason if nuclear energy is renewable or non renewable
- What is Mach number?
- derive the unit of power...??? fasttttt
- What is banking of roads?
- How is the increase in demand for energy affecting our environment adversely?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number