What will be the volume of a gas when 3 litres of it is cooled down from 15 degree Celsius to -73 degree Celsius at constant pressure .
Asked by sadiyafathima286 | 16th Jan, 2019, 06:45: PM
V1 = 3 lit
V2 = ?
T1 = 15 °C
= 15+ 273= 288 K
T2 = (-73)°C
= -73+273 = 200 K
According to Charles's law,
The volume of a gas is 2.08 lit.
Answered by Varsha | 16th Jan, 2019, 07:15: PM
- A container containing hydrogen gas is heated such that its volume increases by 40% and pressure decreases to 80% of its original value. If the original temperature was – 130C, calculate the temperature to which the gas was heated.
- A gas occupies a volume of 340 CC at STP find its volume at 20 degrees celsius and 700 mm of HG
- 100cm3 of a gas at 27°c is cooled to 20°c at constant pressure .calculate volume of a gas at 20°c
- A vessel of capacity 600 cm cube contains hydrogen gas at a pressure of 304 cm what will be the pressure of hydrogen gas when the vessel is connected to another vessel of 300 cm cube capacity
- It is found, on heating a gas, its volume increases by 50% and pressure decreases to 60% of its original value. If the original temperature was -15 degree celcius, find the temperature to which it was heated in celcius
- At constant temperature, a gas is at a pressure of 1080 mm Hg. If the volume is decreased by 40%, find the new pressure of gas
- a gas occupies 200 cm3 at 27 degree celsius. what is its volume at 51 degree celsius , the pressure being kept constant?
- Ammonia gas occupies volume of 450ml at a pressure of 720mm of HG what volume will it occupies at standard pressure at the same temperature
- A gas x occupies a volume of 200ml at a pressure of 4 atmospheres. If the temperature remains constant what volume will it occupy at 1atmospheric pressure
- I didn’t understood v vs 1/p graph
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number