What is the role of dry ether with Na in reactions.
Asked by rakeshraghav33 | 21st Jan, 2019, 02:49: PM
Sodium metal is highly reactive. Wurtz reaction is carried out with sodium metal.
So solvent is used which will not react with sodium metal.
If the solvent is not used, sodium will react with water to form oxides and hydroxides, which will disturb the reaction.
Dry ether is an aprotic solvent and it also acts as a catalyst.
Answered by Varsha | 21st Jan, 2019, 06:20: PM
- give the IUPAC name of ch2 is equal to Ch 2
- Question no-3,5,6,8,10,13
- Pl ans experts
- How iodonium ion is formed without Lewis acid in iodonation of benzene
- Conversion: Methane to ethane? Ethane to methane? Benzene to phenol?
- Why nucleophilic substitution reaction do not take place in aryl halide and alkyl halide
- Total No. of Mono Brominated product :-
- In groovs process zncl2 breaks the c-o then what is the meaning of it coordinate with the oxygen atom of the alcohol?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number