What is the direction of electric field at a point near a thin infinite plane sheet of charge?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Apr, 2015, 10:47: AM
When the sheet is positively charged then the electric field is directed normally away from the sheet. On the other hand if the sheet is negatively charged then electric field is directed towards the sides of sheet.
Answered by | 16th Apr, 2015, 12:47: PM
- Deduce Coulomb's law from Gauss theorum.
- gauss theorem
- what is guss ,law
- why is the electric field inside a hollow sphere is zero? eventhough we consider gaussian surface where Q=0 won`t the charge on the surface of hollow sphere cause electric field inside hollow sphere? why??
- What do you mean by Gaussian surface?
- What will be the Gauss's law statement if a medium of dielectric constant K is present?
- Why does the person sitting in a car is saved from atmospheric lightning?
- Draw a graph showing variation of electric field intensity E with distance from the centre of a uniformly charged spherical shell.
- Define electric flux. When will the flux is said to be positive and negative?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number