What is the difference between the working of a jet plane and a rocket?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 5th Jun, 2014, 09:16: AM
A jet plane sucks oxygen necessary for combustion of fuel from the atmosphere (as it flies within the atmosphere), whereas a rocket has to carry liquid oxygen cylinders with it, along with the fuel cylinder because it generally flies out of the atmosphere.
Answered by | 5th Jun, 2014, 11:16: AM
- pls prove that
- a car is pulling a trailer in a plane.is force applied by car on trailer is equal to applied force by trailer on car?
- 21st sum
- State Newton's third law of motion.
- Newton's third law says that action and reaction are equal and opposite, then how does motion ever take place?
- Why does gun recoil while firing?
- Why is a hammer used to drive a nail into wood?
- Why chinaware and glassware are wrapped in paper or straw pieces before packing?
- The terms 'action' and 'reaction' in the third law gives an impression that action comes before reaction. Is there is any cause-effect relationship?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number