- What is the characteristic properties of one ?
- What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is terminating ?
- What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is non-terminating &reccuring ?
- Write the steps to solve a quadrati equation by the method of completing the square.
- What is the formula to find LCM & HCF of p,q,r,when p,q,r are given.
Asked by sureshchp | 12th Jun, 2019, 09:27: PM
1. Properties of One:
i. Multiplying any number by 1 does not change the value of the number.
8 × 1 = 8
-2 × 1 = -2
0 × 1 = 0
ii. Dividing any number by 1 does not change the value of the number.
8 ÷1 = 8
-2 ÷ 1 = -2
0 ÷ 1 = 0
Note: p and q should be co-prime mean HCF(p, q) = 1
If the prime factorisation of q is in the form of 2n 5m , where m and n are non negative integers then p/q have termination decimal expansion.
For finding LCM and HCF of the given number, there is not a specific formula.
i. First find the prime factorisation of all given numbers.
HCF = common factor/s (of all the given numbers) if not then 1 is the HCF.
LCM = common factor/s × uncommon factor/s
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 13th Jun, 2019, 10:54: AM
- if HCF of 255 and 51 is 17 then find the LCM .
- solution.for this
- ) Use Euclid's division lemma to find HCF of 4052 and 12576.
- is √2 a rational number
- Find the h c f of 75 and 243
- show that any positive odd integer is of the form 6q +1 or 6q+3 or 6q+5
- If two positive integers a and b are written as a=(x^3) * (y^2) and b=x * ( y^3), x and y are prime numbers , then HCF (a,b) is ?
- The least number that is divisible by all the numbers from 1 to 10 (both inclusive ) is ?
- 10. If 3 is the least prime factor of p and 5 is the least prime factor of q, then the least prime factor of p+q __________.
- Find the greatest number digit of 6 digit Exactly divisible by 24 ,15 and 36?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number