- What is the characteristic properties of one ?
- What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is terminating ?
- What is the general form of q when decimal expansion of p/q is non-terminating &reccuring ?
- Write the steps to solve a quadrati equation by the method of completing the square.
- What is the formula to find LCM & HCF of p,q,r,when p,q,r are given.
Asked by sureshchp | 12th Jun, 2019, 09:27: PM
1. Properties of One:
i. Multiplying any number by 1 does not change the value of the number.
8 × 1 = 8
-2 × 1 = -2
0 × 1 = 0
ii. Dividing any number by 1 does not change the value of the number.
8 ÷1 = 8
-2 ÷ 1 = -2
0 ÷ 1 = 0
Note: p and q should be co-prime mean HCF(p, q) = 1
If the prime factorisation of q is in the form of 2n 5m , where m and n are non negative integers then p/q have termination decimal expansion.
For finding LCM and HCF of the given number, there is not a specific formula.
i. First find the prime factorisation of all given numbers.
HCF = common factor/s (of all the given numbers) if not then 1 is the HCF.
LCM = common factor/s × uncommon factor/s
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 13th Jun, 2019, 10:54: AM
- Find the largest positive integer that will divide the 389 436 542 leaving remainder 7 11 15 respectively
- When we will come to know that whether we have to find hcf or lcm?
- after how many decimals places will the decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/250 terminate
- Write whether 301/16 * 875 iss terminating or non terminating decimal expansion. Also write its decimsl form
- The decimal expansion of the rational number 14587/1250 will terminate after how many decimal places ?
- write the number of zeroes in the end of a number whose prime factorization is 2x2x5x5x5x3x3x17
- why 1 is not consider as prime number.
- Find the hcf of smallest prime number and smallest composite number
- Using fundamental theorem of arithmetic find the hcf of 26 ,52 and 91
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number