what is species? state in terms of 1 hierachy of classifications, 2 in relation to production
Asked by saasha.joshua | 21st Oct, 2018, 03:07: PM
A group of closely related organisms that are very similar to each other and are usually capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring are called species. The hierarchial classification includes: kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species.
Species can be defined on the two individuals of the appropriate sexes or mating types can produce fertile offspring, typically by sexual or asexual reproduction
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 22nd Oct, 2018, 12:08: AM
- Meaning of primitive
- What criteria do we use to decide whether something is alive Or not?
- Difference between cold-blooded animals and warm blooded animals.
- Why do we classify organism
- What is hemophrodite animal?
- What is biological diversity
- what is the primary characteristics on which the 1st division of organisms is made?
- what is species
- what is homeostastis
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number