What is Redox reaction ?
Asked by sm_tomar | 10th Aug, 2018, 07:49: PM
Redox reactions: Redox reactions are those reactions in which both oxidation and reduction occur.
Oxidation - involves the loss of hydrogen OR gain of oxygen
Reduction - involves the gain of hydrogen OR loss of oxygen
ZnO + C → Zn +CO
In this reaction, zinc oxide is reduced to zinc and Carbon is oxidized to carbon monoxide
Answered by Ramandeep | 11th Aug, 2018, 07:49: PM
- Why does the Qutub minar not rusted stil
- what is the chemical equation of quick lime?
- Why do ship get damaged in spite of being painted?
- Write a word equation to represent the process of rusting of iron.Also write the chemical symbols and formulae of all the substances involved
- What is reduction ?
- What is oxydation ?
- (i) What kind of a change is rusting? (ii) Can damp air cause rusting?
- Name the process of depositing a layer of zinc on iron. Give two examples of objects on which zinc coating is done.
- Explain how galvanization of an iron object prevents it from rusting.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number