What is meant by (I) a group, and (ii) a period, in a periodic table ?
Asked by webfaridisit | 6th Jan, 2020, 08:56: PM
Periodic table contains vertical columns called groups.
Periodic table contains horizontal rows called periods.
Answered by Varsha | 7th Jan, 2020, 12:30: PM
- can you tell me about structure of atom and electric spectrum and about quantum numbers
- state three main points of difference between Mendeleev periodic table and Modern Periodic Table
- Write the merits of dobereiner's triads.
- The valency of an element whose electronic configuration is 2
- The position of cobalt and nickel was anomalous pair in Mendeleev's periodic table. Please explain if it was merit or demerit of Mendeleev's periodic table?
- Write note on position of isotopes in the Mendeleev's and modern periodic table
- Dear Sir/Madame, Can you please tell me what are the limitations of Dobeniers's law according to the NCERT textbook and nothing extra. Thank you.
- Why the period 3 of the periodic table has 8 elements
- Why is atomic number considered to be a more appropriate parameter than atomic mass for the classification of elements in a periodic table?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number