The position of cobalt and nickel was anomalous pair in Mendeleev's periodic table. Please explain if it was merit or demerit of Mendeleev's periodic table?
Asked by saradamahapatra9999 | 10th Aug, 2019, 11:35: AM
The position of cobalt and nickel was anomalous pair in Mendeleev's periodic table. All elements present in the Mendeleev's periodic table are placed according to their increasing order of atomic massThe positions of cobalt and nickel are not in proper order Cobalt (at. mass 58.9) is placed before nickel (at. mass 58.6).This is one of the discrepancies Mendeleev's periodic table have.
Answered by Ramandeep | 12th Aug, 2019, 11:22: AM
- name two elements of first period in modern periodic table
- how many elements were discovered at the of newland
- can you tell me about structure of atom and electric spectrum and about quantum numbers
- state three main points of difference between Mendeleev periodic table and Modern Periodic Table
- Write the merits of dobereiner's triads.
- What is meant by (I) a group, and (ii) a period, in a periodic table ?
- The valency of an element whose electronic configuration is 2
- Write note on position of isotopes in the Mendeleev's and modern periodic table
- Dear Sir/Madame, Can you please tell me what are the limitations of Dobeniers's law according to the NCERT textbook and nothing extra. Thank you.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number