What does it mean for a circle or a triangle to be circumscribed , circumscribing , inscribed , inscribing etc.

Asked by SrijanSood | 9th Mar, 2011, 04:54: AM

Expert Answer:

Dear Student,
In geometry, the circumscribed circle or circumcircle of a polygon is a circle which passes through all the vertices of the polygon. The center of this circle is called the circumcenter.



In geometry, the incircle or inscribed circle of a triangle is the largest circle contained in the triangle; it touches (is tangent to) the three sides. The center of the incircle is called the triangle's incenter.



Hope this clears the concept.
Team Topperlearning

Answered by  | 9th Mar, 2011, 09:27: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.