Two circles touch each other externally at O. Prove that the common tangent at O bisects the other two common tangent segments PQ and RS.
Asked by rushabhjain.a | 7th Feb, 2019, 10:18: PM
PT=TO, tangents from an external point
TO=TQ, tangents from an external point
therefore, PT=TQ.....from above two statements
so we can see that tangent through O, bisects tangent PQ
similarly we can prove for RS
Answered by Arun | 8th Feb, 2019, 10:47: AM
- prime factorisation
- radious of circle is
- A tangent PQ at a point P on a circle of radius 5cm meets a line through the centre O at a point such that OQ=13cm. Find the length of PQ.
- Prove that the lengths of tangents drawn from an external point to a circle are equal. *
- The length of a tangent from a point A at distance 5 cm from the centre of the circle is 4 cm. The radius of the circle is
- From any point on the common chord of two intersecting circles, tangents be drawn to thecircles, prove that they are equal.
- please answer these questions
- A tangent PA is drawn fron an external point P to a circle of radius 3 cm such that the distance of the point P from O is 6cm.Find yhe value of.
- Draw two concentric circles of radio 3 cm and 5 cm . Taking a point on the outer circle , construct the pair of tangents to the inner circle.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number