Through a rectangular field of length 90m and breadth 60m two roads are constructed which are parallel to the sides and cit each other at right angles through the center of fields . if the width of each road is 3m , find :
1) area covered by the roads.
2) the cost of constructing the roads at the rate of 110/- per meter.
Asked by LakshmiJanajanam | 21st Jan, 2020, 10:18: PM
Try visualising or drawing a rough figure first.
Find areas of rectangles with respect to length and width
Exclude the area of the figure you will form at the centre.
Area of road = Area of the rectangle with length as 90m and width s 3 m + area of the rectangle with 60 as length and 3m as width - the area that is common to both having sides 3m each.
Answered by | 23rd Jan, 2020, 03:51: PM
- the area of a square field is 1764 metresquare . find the. length of its side
- Represent–7/4 on the number line
- What is the answer
- isoceless trangle example
- formal of area in rectangular
- A hall is 25m long and 18m wide. A path 1.5m wide is constructed around it. Calculate the cost of cementing at the rate of rupees 20.50 per square metre
- The area of a parallelogram is 192 sq. cm. If the length of its base is three times its height, find the base length.
- The area of rectangular garden of length 40cm, is1000 sqm . Find the breadth of the garden and it's perimeter . The garden enclosed by 3 rounds of fencing, leaving an entrance of 4m. Find the cost of fencing the garden at a rate of 250 rupees per meters.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number