three charges of 5micro coloumb are placed at the vertices of equilateral triangle of side 10cm the force on 1micro coulomb of charge at centre of triangle will be
Asked by pariharhimani454 | 14th Apr, 2021, 12:19: PM
Figure shows the system of charge configuration on vertex of equilateral triangle. Direction of forces also indicated in figure.
Since the given equilateral triangle has 10 cm side, distance between charge at centre and charge at any vertex is 5 √3 cm .
All forces have equal magnitude
| F1 | = | F2 | = | F3 | = K × ( 5 × 10-12 ) / ( 75 × 10-4 ) = ( 9 × 109 × 5 × 10-12 ) / ( 75 × 10-4 ) = 0.06 N
where K = 1/( 4πεo ) = 9 × 109 N m2 C-2 is Coulomb's constnat
Resultant of F2 and F3 is 2F cos60 N along the direction OA , where F = 0.06 N
Resultant of F2 and F3 = FR = 0.06 N
Since FR and F1 are equal in magnitude but opposite in direction, net force is zero.
Sum of the forces acting at charge at centre is zero.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 14th Apr, 2021, 01:34: PM
- Two point charges 2 C and 3 uC are placed at two comers of an equilateral triangle of side 20 cm in free space. Calculate the magnitude of resultant electric field at the third corner of the triangle. If an & - particle is placed at the third corner, what is the force acting on it? (Charge on & – particle is 3.2 x 10-19 €).
- State Gauss's theorem ? Derive the expression for electric field due Spherical hollow conductor and infinitely charged sheet and linearly charged conductors.
- A simple pendulum is having bob of mass m carrying a charge q and is hanging from ceiling. A uniform electric field E is applied in downward direction then time period of simple pendulum is.
- An electric field E is applied between the plates a and b as shown in the figure a charge particle of mass m and charge q is projected along the direction as shown fig it's velocity v find vertical distance y covered by the partical when goes out of the electric field region
- charges of +5µc+10 μc and -10 µc are placed in air at the corners ab and c of an equilateral triangle abc having each side equal to 5 cm. determine the resultant force on the charge at a.
- teach me
- In fig three point charges q,-2q are q are placed along the x axis. Show that the electric field at p along the y axis is E =(1/4×3.14×e knot)×(3qa^2/y^4),when y>>a.
- Fig shows a plastic ball of mass m suspended by a light string in a uniform field of intensity e.the ball comes in equilibrium at an angle thita .if ex and ey are the x component and y component of the electric field, find the charge on the ball and the tension in the string
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number