There are two capacitors of capacitance C1 and C2 connected in series. Calculate the equivalent capacitance of the system.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd Apr, 2015, 11:01: AM
The capacitors in series are connected one after the other in a row, back to back.
In case of series capacitors, positive plate of one capacitor is attached to the negative plate of the successive capacitor.
The distribution of charges from the battery results in equal charges appearing on each one of the capacitors connected in series. Also note that the sum of the potential difference across each capacitor is equal to the total potential difference.
Therefore, V1+V2 = V,
which can be written in terms of charge as
A single equivalent capacitance in series would imply
This further gives,
Answered by | 22nd Apr, 2015, 01:01: PM
- Find cab
- Please find the pd
- The soulution in the HC Verma is different from what I have found using capacitors in series and parallel. why is there incosistency?
- Sir For how much marks it can be asked
- What is the importance of joining capacitors in series and parallel?
- Write any two characteristics of series combination of capacitors.
- What is the use of Van de Graff generator?
- Why neutrons can not be accelerated using a Van de Graff generator?
- Find the equivalent capacitance of capacitors C1 and C2 connected in parallel.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number