The difference between age of a woman and her son is 19 years , sum of year age is 37 years find the age of son and women
Asked by Indupuri2012 | 2nd Feb, 2020, 05:48: PM
Let x and y be the ages of a woman and her son respectively.
The difference between age of a woman and her son is 19 years.
x - y = 19 ...(i)
sum of year age is 37 years.
x + y = 37 ...(ii)
Adding (i) and (ii)
2x = 56
x = 28 years
Put in (i) we get
28 - y = 19
y = 9
Hence, the age of son and women are 28 and 9 years respectively.
Answered by Sneha shidid | 3rd Feb, 2020, 09:31: AM
- the ages of A and B are in ratio 4:3. After 6 years, there ages will be in ratio 11:9. A's present age is?
- if i divide my house number by 2 and then add 6 ,I get 24 .what is my house number
- in an examination a student requires 40%of the total marks to pass. if rupa gets 185 marks and fails by 15 marks find the total number
- Li jie brought 175 box of toys from China each box of toys as 12 toys how many toys has li jie bring from China China from China
- if father is 30 year older than his son in 12 year the man will be three times as old as the son find their present age
- The difference in the digits of a two digit number is 1.If the digits are interchanged,the number becomes 9 more than the old number.Find the number?
- Twice of m gives 7
- How to frame a equation in word problem.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number