the bark are living. How do they get Oxygen and release Carbon Dioxide ?
Asked by promila.kumari19 | 3rd Jun, 2020, 12:21: PM
The bark is a protective layer made of a variety of cells, some living cells inside and some dead on the outside. Gases, including oxygen, pass through the outer bark to and from the living cells of the inner layers of a tree. This is a form of respiration, or breathing. The gases move through stem pores called lenticels, whose function is equivalent to that of stomata, or breathing cells, found on leaves.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 3rd Jun, 2020, 07:39: PM
- The image shows the circulation of blood in fishes. Which option correctly traces the pathway of blood flow in fish body? (a) Gill capillaries → oxygenated blood → heart → body cells → deoxygenated blood → gills (b) Gill capillaries → oxygenated → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills (c) capillaries → heart → oxygenated blood → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills (d) Gill capillaries → oxygenated blood → heart → body cells → deoxygenated blood → heart → gills
- What are anabolic?
- Rahul took a 10% solution of glucose in a test tube. He added a pinch of yeast and shook it well and left it in a warm place overnight. Next day he took a drop of solution on a slide and observed under microscope. What do you think he saw?
- Define Fermentation
- in males,larynx is known as ?
- What percentage of oxygen is found in water if 21% of oxygen is found in the atmosphere?
- Q4) State which of the following statements are false. Rewrite the correct statements, if false: i.Air is all around. ii.Air cannot be compressed. iii.Nitrogen is the major component of air iv.Aquatic animals do not breathe the air dissolve in water. v.All living organisms breathe air to remain alive.
- what is difference between respiration and breathing
- what is mean by respiration
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number