State the factor on which the dispersive power of a prism depends?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 10th Jun, 2014, 02:38: PM
Dispersive power of a prism depends only on the nature of material of the prism.However angular dispersion and mean deviation, both depend on angle of prism.
Answered by | 10th Jun, 2014, 04:38: PM
- Show that the angle of deviation will be minimum when a light ray passes through a prism symmetrically.
- What is a prism?
- What is the difference in refraction through a prism and refraction through a glass slab?
- Calculate the deviation produced by a prism of angle 8 degree, for a material of refractive index 1.5.
- Define dispersion.
- What causes the phenomenon of dispersion?
- Can we combine two prism? If yes what is the purpose?
- Calculate the angular dispersion produced by a prism of angle 6 degree, if the refractive indices of material of prism for blue and green colours are 1.664 and 1.655.
- Define dispersive power and derive its formula.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number