sir please explain how we find valence of elements
Asked by sshivali3333 | 19th Sep, 2018, 11:06: AM
The valence electrons are the electrons in the last shell or energy level of an atom.
For example, all the elements in the first column all have a single valence electron (H, Li, Na, K, etc.).
For more information, please click on the below link:
Answered by Ramandeep | 19th Sep, 2018, 11:24: AM
- How to calculate valency of d block from we electronic configuration
- How we get valency 2 in sulphur?
- How can I draw electronic configuration of calcium in a shell
- why element Helium and Argon are chemically inactive?
- Electron dot structure
- Write electonic configuration of first 50 elements.
- How can i know the valency of a compond to react it with another elemet to form a chemical reaction? For example - Suppose I have to make . Then i have to first react Carbon with Oxygen then react that compond with calcium. So how will i know the valency of compound formed from reaction of carbon with oxygen. We can know the valency of elements from their atomic number and electronic configuration, but how can i know the valency of compound? Please help,waiting for your reply, Thank you.
- According to Bohr model of an atom, what is the location of electrons and protons in an atom?
- What are energy levels? How are they designated?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number