How we get valency 2 in sulphur?
Asked by Jaiwanthsiva | 15th Apr, 2020, 01:51: PM
Atomic number of Sulphur is 16
Electronic configuration : 2,8,6
So, there are 6 valence elctrons in outermost orbit.
To obtain a stable electronic configuration of octet state, it is easier to gain 2 electrons than to lose 6 electrons.
Tharfore sulphur will acquire octet state by accepting 2 electrons and hence valency of sulphur is 2.
Answered by Varsha | 15th Apr, 2020, 02:32: PM
- How to calculate valency of d block from we electronic configuration
- How can I draw electronic configuration of calcium in a shell
- why element Helium and Argon are chemically inactive?
- Electron dot structure
- Write electonic configuration of first 50 elements.
- How can i know the valency of a compond to react it with another elemet to form a chemical reaction? For example - Suppose I have to make . Then i have to first react Carbon with Oxygen then react that compond with calcium. So how will i know the valency of compound formed from reaction of carbon with oxygen. We can know the valency of elements from their atomic number and electronic configuration, but how can i know the valency of compound? Please help,waiting for your reply, Thank you.
- sir please explain how we find valence of elements
- According to Bohr model of an atom, what is the location of electrons and protons in an atom?
- What are energy levels? How are they designated?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number