is KMnO4-KOH the chemical formula for alkaline potassium permanganate?
like in the NCERT if alkylbenzene is reacted with chromic acid (H2CrO4), will there be any intermediate product just like alkylbenzene when reacted with KMnO4-KOH gives potassium salt of carboxylic acid which then further oxidises to carboxylic acid?
also is my formula correct for chromic acid and alkaline potassium permanganate?
pls requested to respond to all my questions
Asked by kaziryan.05 | 28th Jun, 2021, 02:34: PM
Alkalis are bases which are soluble in water. Example of alkalis are- NaOH, KOH etc.
So, Alkali potasssium permagnate means- NaOH/KOH with KMnO4 . So mentioned formula is correct.
if alkylbenzene is reacted with chromic acid, there be ntermediate but that mechanism is complex and not the part of syllabus. We just have to remember end proiduct.
Formula of chromic acid- H2CrO4
Answered by Ravi | 28th Jun, 2021, 05:05: PM
- sir/madam, 1. in NCERT chemistry books in organic chemistry sometimes hydrolysis rxn takes places by acid and water(H2SO4 + H2O/ H3O+/H+ + H2)), base with water(NaOH + H2O/ KOH + H2O) and other times only with water(H2O) what is the difference between the three and when do we use them in rxns ? hydrolysis means breaking or cleavage of compounds using water.... am I right? 2. Is Aldol rxn and condensation only limited to 2 molecules of same aldehyde compound and 2 molecules of same ketone compound? then does it mean that it undergoes self condensation? And cross Aldol rxn and condensation is carried out by two different molecules of aldehydes and two different molecules of ketones. is cross Aldol rxn and condensation also carried out between one aldehyde and one ketone molecules? request u to plz answer all questions
- IUPAC name
- Conversions from a-g
- how do we convert esters to aldehyd
- how is the cabonyl group of aldehyde/ketone affected in the presence of electron donating group like metyl in cyanohydrin reaction?
- an organic compound a with molecular formula c6h6o react with zinc dust to give a hydrocarbon B which upon reaction with CH3Cl in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3 gives C.compound C on oxidation with alkaline KMnO4 gives compound D Compound A on further reaction with NH3 in the presence of anhydrous ZnCl2 gives E identify compound A B C D E and also justify your answer
- Please solve this question
- Pl ans
- Oxidation of ortho nitrotoluene with agent Cro2cl2
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number