Question on dispersion
Asked by | 4th Mar, 2008, 11:38: AM
Will a ray of light passing through a hollow prism undergo dispersion??
Yes it will. the presence or absence of the medium will only decide the extent of dispersion and deviation. but as long as we have a prism atht is angular it will result in dispersion.
Answered by | 8th Dec, 2017, 12:33: PM
- Show that the angle of deviation will be minimum when a light ray passes through a prism symmetrically.
- What is a prism?
- What is the difference in refraction through a prism and refraction through a glass slab?
- Calculate the deviation produced by a prism of angle 8 degree, for a material of refractive index 1.5.
- Define dispersion.
- What causes the phenomenon of dispersion?
- Can we combine two prism? If yes what is the purpose?
- Calculate the angular dispersion produced by a prism of angle 6 degree, if the refractive indices of material of prism for blue and green colours are 1.664 and 1.655.
- Define dispersive power and derive its formula.
- State the factor on which the dispersive power of a prism depends?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number