Q amount of charge is uniformly distributed over some body. How should the body be divided in the two parts,so that the forces acting between the two parts is maximum for a given separation between them?

Asked by  | 27th Mar, 2013, 08:14: AM

Expert Answer:

Let the two parts have charges q and (Q-q) and have a separation r between them.
thus force between them would be:
F = k q(Q-q)/r2
thus the force will be max when, dF/dq = 0
it is satisfied when, q = Q/2

Answered by  | 27th Mar, 2013, 10:33: PM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.