Preeti has a recurring deposit account of Rs 1000 per month at 10%per annum. If she gets Rs 5550 as interest at the time of maturity, fund the total time for which the account was held.
Formula is this:SI =Px1/2n(n+1)x 1/12xR /100
Asked by bejibickey8482.10sdatl | 22nd Apr, 2020, 12:25: PM
Recurring deposit interest I is given by,
I = P×[ n(n+1)/(2×12) ] (r/100) .............. (1)
where P is monthly contribution, P = Rs. 1000
n = number of months,
r = rate of interest = 10%
and I = interest = Rs.5550
By substituting the values in eqn.(1), we get
1000×[ n(n+1)/24 ]×(10/100) = 5550 or n(n+1) = (24/100)×5550 = 1332
Therefore, n2 + n - 1332 = (n+37) (n-36) = 0
n = -37 or n= 36
Since, n can't be negative.
Hence, the number of months = 36
Answered by Renu Varma | 23rd Apr, 2020, 10:12: AM
- upriya has a recurring deposit account in a bank. She deposits Rs 600 per month for 6 years. If at the end of maturity period she gets Rs 53,712, find the rate of interest.
- q 10
- Deposit amount Rs.1000/month Rate of interest 10% p.a Interest received at maturity Rs.5550 How to calculate period of investment
- Mr. Sony had a R.D.account and deposits Rs.750 Per month for 2 years. If he gets Rs.19125 at the time of maturity. Find the rate of interest.
- Sharma deposits a certain sum of money each month in a recurring deposit account of a bank if the rate of interest is 9% per annum and Sharma gets 5565 after 1 year and 3 months on the maturity find the value of his monthly installment
- Mr thomas has a 4 years cumulative time deposits accounts in corporation Bank and deposits rs 650 per month if he receives rs 36296 at the time of maturity finf- 1. The total interest earned by mr thomas. 2. The rate of interest per annum.
- If a man got 6 persent rate of interst from a bank he gives in the bank 1000rs per month so in the end of the year he will got how much amount
- Mr. Britti deposit certain sum of money each month in a recurring deposit account of a bank. It the rate of interest is of 8% per annum and Mr. Britti gets 8088 from the bank after 3 years, find the value of his monthly installment.
- Monica had RD account in the Union Bank of India and deposited rupees 600 per month . If the maturity value of this account it was rupees 24 930 and the rate of interest was 10 % per annum; find the time for which the account was held.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number