plz ans it sir.
Asked by abuzerzain72 | 27th May, 2020, 08:28: PM
The resistance in the middle has no contribution during the charging process of capacitor C as it does not change the potential difference across RC combination nor the current flowing through it.
Thus, time constant
t1 = RC ...(1)
Discharging of the C takes place R+R = 2R (resistors are in series)
t2 = Req C = 2RC ...(2)
From (1) and (2),
Thus, both options (a) and (b) are correct.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 28th May, 2020, 04:51: PM
- Deduce that. in a.c. circuit capacitor only current leads the alternating e.m.f by a phase angle of 90º.
- Calculate the frequency of a 5×10-6 F capacitor with 0.032 Ω reactance.
- Condenser blocks d.c. Prove.
- Prove: Average power/cycle associated with a condenser over a complete cycle is 0.
- What is Wattless Current or Idle Current?
- There are two capacitors A and B. Frequency of A is double than that of B but the capacitance is same. Find the ratio of there rectances.
- What are the advantages of a.c. over d.c.?
- What is the dimension of time constant of R-C circuit?
- What is the phase difference between the current and e.m.f. when we an a.c. source of 220 V and 50 Hz is connected to (a) Resistor (b) Capacitor
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number