Name the order of lever which acts as force as well as speed multiplier. give example.
Asked by 154140281903524 | 16th May, 2018, 11:49: PM
A machine cannot be used as force multiplier as well as speed multiplier. But a order of lever which can have velocity ratio greater than 1, equal to 1 and less than 1 can be used as force multiplier or speed multiplier.
Class 1 levers are those type of levers which can either work as force multiplier or as speed multiplier.
When effort arm is greater than load arm then mechanical advantage and velocity ratio is greater than 1. Such Class 1 levers as used as force multipliers.
For e.g. - Crowbar, Pliers, Spoon.
When effort arm is shorter than the load arm then the mechanical advantage and velocity ration is less than 1 and such class 1 levers are used as speed multiplier (or has gain in speed).
For e.g. -Scissors
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 17th May, 2018, 12:31: PM
- what is the resistance offered to the nut
- what is the resistance offered by nut
- what is mass of metre time which is in equilibrium
- give two reasons to show that the efficiency of a machine is less than 100%
- What is the unit of effort and load
- What is the Velocity Ratio of Class III Lever ?
- What is the Velocity ratio of Class I Lever ?
- continued q. 7
- exercise 3a numerical 6
- exercise 3a q 32
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number