Light from a filament bulb is reflected by a glass slab. Two images are seen – one is white and the other is red. How can that happen? – explain.
Asked by rushabh1234 | 20th Mar, 2019, 07:42: AM
This can happen if the colour of the glass slab is red. The light rays incident on the front surface of the slab are partially reflected carrying all the colors emitted by the bulb producing an image that is white in color. The other part of the incident rays enter the glass slab and are reflected by the second surface producing the second image. As these rays travel through the glass the colors other than red are striped off and the produced image appears to be red.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 20th Mar, 2019, 01:00: PM
- Write both laws of refraction of light
- What is light reflection and refraction?
- A ray of light is incident on a plane mirror such that it makes angle 30 degrees with the mirror. Find the angle of reflection.
- what is light ?
- What is light ? is it a ray or wave or partical?
- Light from a filament bulb is reflected by a glass slab. Two images are seen – one is white and the other is red. How can that happen? – explain.
- A droplet of water on lotus leaf or arum leaf appears shinning – why?
- Pls answer my question
- Magnification of plane mirror is-1 . What does it mean
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number