In the Kashmir valley, Samar’s father owned an orchard. Apples were in plenty. In the flowering season he observed honey bees on the flowers. He quickly advised his father to start working on the idea of establishing an apiary. He found out which species are used for commercial honey production.
(i) Name the species of the honey bee which is commonly used in India for commercial production of honey.
(ii) Write two advantages of bee keeping.
(iii) List two qualities of Samar which are worth praising.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Oct, 2016, 10:18: AM
(i)Apis mellifera is the exotic breed of honey bee which is used for commercial production of honey.
(ii)Two advantages of bee keeping are:
a. It can be used as an additional income generating activity.
b. Beehives are a source of wax which can be used for medicinal applications.
(iii) Two qualities of Samar are:
a. He is a good observer.
b. He thinks scientifically and commercially.
Answered by | 4th Oct, 2016, 12:18: PM
- which one boiler or layer matuare earlier?
- What are difference between layers and boilers
- What is the problem with composite fish culture
- What are apiaries ?
- "More intensive fish farming can be done in composite fish culture systems." What is meant by composite fish culture systems?
- "Ways have now been worked out to breed these fishes in ponds using hormonal simulation." What is meant by hormonal simulation?
- Pradeep's uncle was maintaining a poultry farm with his fields . Pradeep's advised him that the leftover grains after harvesting which were unfit for human consumption be given to the fowls . His uncle accepted his advice but was not convinced . Pradeep's explained him the advantage of this practise . 1.poultry is India 's most efficient converter of low fibre foodstuff into highly nutritious animal protein food . Justify the statement . 2.write the nomenclature used for the birds which are reared for eggs and those which are reared for meat. 3.whuch values of pradeep helped his uncle in earning profit .
- What are the difference between broilers and layers.
- what is agrocomplementary occupations
- Mention the benefits of cattle farming.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number