In an artesian spring, the water flows through
a. The cracks
b. The bed rock
c. More than one spring
d. The water table
Asked by Nimmi | 25th Jan, 2019, 05:29: PM
Inside the source of artesian well, water is trapped, and it is surrounded by layers of impermeable rocks or clay, which applies positive pressure to the water.
Thus option (b) is the right answer.
In an artesian spring, the water flows through the bed rock.
Answered by Science Mate | 25th Jan, 2019, 10:23: PM
- depletion of water table is due to
- How can groundwater be replenished?
- Q-1 What cause depletion of under groundwater?
- What is the effect of concretization on the ground water levels?
- What do you understand by aquifer?
- Which two natural forces may deplete the water table?
- What is infiltration? How does it occur?
- What do you understand by water table? Name the factors that affect water table.
- (a) On digging a hole in the ground near a water body, we find the soil to be moist. Why?(b) How can we pump out the water in the aquifers?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number