What is infiltration? How does it occur?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Apr, 2013, 10:50: AM
The process of seeping of water into the ground is called infiltration.
The rainwater and water from other sources such as rivers and ponds seeps through the soil and fills the empty spaces and cracks deep below the ground.
Answered by | 16th Apr, 2013, 12:50: PM
- depletion of water table is due to
- How can groundwater be replenished?
- In an artesian spring, the water flows through a. The cracks b. The bed rock c. More than one spring d. The water table
- Q-1 What cause depletion of under groundwater?
- What is the effect of concretization on the ground water levels?
- What do you understand by aquifer?
- Which two natural forces may deplete the water table?
- What do you understand by water table? Name the factors that affect water table.
- (a) On digging a hole in the ground near a water body, we find the soil to be moist. Why?(b) How can we pump out the water in the aquifers?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number