If we touch an electric wire carrying current, get a shock but when birds sit on it , they don't get any shock. Explain.
Asked by apramanik | 8th Nov, 2019, 12:02: AM
- We get an electric shock only when the current flows through our body or when the circuit gets completed.
- The current flows only when there is potential difference in the circuit.
- When birds sit on the wire, their both legs are on same wire. So, there is no potential difference at that point and thus no current flows through them.
- But if their one leg is on live and other on neutral wire then the current will flow through their body and they will get electrocuted (shock) as there will be the potential difference and current will flow through their body.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 8th Nov, 2019, 01:00: PM
- What is an electric circuit
- mention electric sign in curcuit
- How does a wire helps in the flow of the current ?
- What is the live and neutral wire
- In which direction current flows inside the cell?
- What is electric circuit?
- what is electric circuit?
- What is a fuse? Name different types of fuse used.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number