If two positive integers a and b are written as a=(x^3) * (y^2) and b=x * ( y^3), x and y are prime numbers , then HCF (a,b) is ?
Asked by arindeep.singh | 23rd Apr, 2020, 05:10: PM
Compare the indices of 'x' and 'y'
As we are required to find HCF, find the lowest index of 'x' and 'y' respectively.
Lowest index of 'x' is 1
Lowest index of 'y' is y2
So HCF is xy2
Answered by | 23rd Apr, 2020, 07:02: PM
- If the HCF of 65 and 117 is expressible in the form 65m - 117, then the value of m is Please explain
- solve the following
- find the lcm of 26 and 32
- without actual division
- 275 and 342 of HCF
- if xy=180 and hcf (x,y)=3 , then find the lcm (x,y)
- find the LCm and had of 14 15 verify that lcm*hcf
- express156 as a product of its prime factors
- prime factor 500
- Explain why 7×11×13+13 and 7×6×5×4×3×2×1+5 are composite numbers?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number