If the number in AP are such that their sum is 50 and the greatest number is 4 times the list then the number are
Asked by manjeet512.email.com | 8th Jul, 2019, 09:58: PM
Qusetion: If the number in AP are such that their sum is 50 and the greatest number is 4 times the list then the number are
Let the four numbers be a , a + d, a + 2d and a + 3d
According to the 1st condition in the question, we get
a + a + d + a + 2d + a + 3d = 50
→ 4a + 6d = 50
→ 2a + 3d = 25 .... (1)
According to the 2nd condition in the question, we get
a + 3d = 4a
→ 3a = 3d
→ a = d
Substitute a = d in (1), we get
5d = 25
→ d = 5
→ a = 5
Therefore the four numbers are a= 5, a + d = 10, a + 2d=15 and a + 3d=20.
Answered by Yasmeen Khan | 9th Jul, 2019, 10:52: AM
- Sum of first m terms of an A.P. is 0. If a be the first term of the A.P., then the sum of next n terms is : (A) 1 ( ) − − + m a m n m (B) 1 ( ) − − + m a m n n (C) 1 ( ) − − + n a m n n (D) 1 ( ) − − + n a m n m
- Question 1) Find the sum of first 40 positive integers divisible by 6. Question 2) Find the sum of n terms of the series (4-1/n)+4-2/n)+(4-3/n)+........ Question 3) If the sum of the first n terms of an AP is 1/2(3n²+7n), then find its nth term .Hence write the 20 th term .
- A3=15,S10=125,find d and a10
- Find the sum of the first 17 term of an AP whose 4th term = -15 and 9th term = -30.
- The sum of n term of an ap is 4n^2-3n.find 20th term of this ap
- In an A.P sum of the first 2 term is 5 and sum of the last 2 term is 129. Then find the sequence
- Find the sum of n terms of the series (4-1/n)+(4-2/n)+(4-3/n)+.....
- The sum of first five terms in AP is 55and sum of first 10 terms in AP is 235.find the sum of first 20 terms.
- If the sum of mterms of an ap is the same as the sum of n terms , show that the sum of it's (m+n) terms is zero.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number