How will you test for phosphorus in an organic compound?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 28th Jun, 2016, 04:37: PM
The organic compound is heated with an oxidising agent. The phosphorus present in the compound is oxidized to phosphate. The solution is boiled with nitric acid and then treated with ammonium molybdate . A yellow colouration indicated presence of phosphorus.
Answered by | 28th Jun, 2016, 06:37: PM
- What is Lassaigne's test?
- What is lead-sulphide test for sulphur?
- When nitrogen and sulphur are both present in an organic compound, what is the test to perform?
- What is the Prussian blue color due to in the test for nitrogen?
- What are the methods to estimate nitrogen?
- How to detect halogen in an organic compound?
- How to detect percentage of oxygen in an organic compound?
- How to estimate sulphur in an organic compound?
- What is the violet color due to, when sodium fusion extract is treated with sodium nitroprusside in the test for sulphur?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number