how to place to prisms such that on passing light no dispersion takes place

Asked by sharmavaishali | 30th Jan, 2011, 07:37: PM

Expert Answer:

Dear student,
In optics, a dispersive prism is a prism, normally having the shape of a geometrical triangular prism. It is the most widely-known type of optical prism, although perhaps not the most common in actual use. Triangular prisms are used to disperse light, that is to break light...If two prisms can be arranged so that the face through which light enters is parallel to the face through the light is split , then the combination will work like a glass slab and no dispersion may take place.
Also if a light with single wavelength is incident, no dispersion will take place.
Hope this helps.

Answered by  | 31st Jan, 2011, 09:46: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.