how does loss of biodiversity lead to a loss of ecological balance or stability? explain (3 marks )
Asked by Rida Mukadam | 1st Mar, 2015, 11:59: AM
- Loss of biodiversity can result in loss of balance in the ecosystem due to depletion of natural resources and increase in deforestation.
- This had led to imbalance in food chains, loss of natural habitats of animals and birds, increase of pollution, wide change in climate etc.
- An unstable ecosystem will be more likely to lose species. Several species like the Dodo bird, Cheetah, pink headed duck, etc. have already become extinct and there are several species like Bengal tiger, one horned rhinoceros that are already on the verge of extinction.
- Losing species means losing potential foods, medicines, industrial products, and tourism, all of which have a direct economic effect on the life of people.
- Therefore, loss of biodiversity can lead to a loss of ecological stability.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 2nd Mar, 2015, 11:19: AM
- Give three measures that can lower the use of coal and petroleum.
- What is the answer for this question?
- What are the disadvantage s of exploiting resources with short term aim
- who are stakeholders of forests? what are their role?
- What are stakeholders?
- Is ground water renewable or non renewable resource?
- What is ethnobotany ?
- What is the importance of stakeholders ☺☺☺❓❓ Pls teachers do give the the answer as fast as possible 🙏🙏🙏🙏
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources 1.State an instance where human intervention saved the forests from destruction. 2.List any two additional systems of water harvesting. 3.Why must we conserve our forests? List any two causes for deforestation to take place. 4.How do advantages of exploiting natural resources with short-term aims differ from the advantages of managing our resources with a long-term perspective?  5.What is meant by sustainable management? Environmentalists insiston ‘sustainablenatural resource management’.State its four advantages.  6.What is meant by exploitation of resources with short-term aims? List its four advantages. 7.Is water conservation necessary? Give reasons. 8.Describe the various methods of sustainable management of forests.
- Explain the importance of recycling in the imagination of substanable devolepment and give any two examples?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number